Blythe, California is a major stopping point for people traveling between Los Angeles and Phoenix. Because it is directly on the I-10 Freeway, Blythe has a number of businesses that cater just to the millions of highway travelers passing through such fast food restaurants, billboards, and hotels. Additionally, Blythe is directly on US-95 (aka Intake Boulevard) which means there is additional traffic coming from the Imperial Valley (El Centro, Brawley, Calexico) towards the Tri-State area of Needles, Bullhead City and Laughlin.
Because every hotel in Blythe is affordable, it only makes sense to look at those hotels rated with two or more stars. These include the two and one half star rated Comfort Suites, Clarion Inn and Quality Inn, and the two star rated Days Inn and Regency Inn.
1. Comfort Suites Blythe – this is the nicest hotel in Blythe. The hotel is almost brand new, well-maintained and with nice furnishings. For a workout, there is a workout room and a pool. There are multiple computers in the business center, a meeting room and complimentary breakfast. The staff is friendly and helpful.
2. Clarion Inn – while it is not as new as the Comfort Inn but still well-maintained with a great staff. There is a pool and workout facility which is adequate and the location is right off of I-10 and the busiest street in town (Hobson Way).
3. Quality Inn – the hotel is not quite at the level of the Comfort Suites, but is still a good hotel. The facilities such as pool, spa, and fitness room are just slightly dated. The hotel has a good staff and the complimentary breakfast is above average.
4. Regency Inn and Suites Blythe – there is a pretty clear drop off between number 3 and number 4. The rooms have outdated furniture and bed spreads. Overall the interior could use a remodel to match the remodeled exterior. That being said, most people who stay here think the hotel is fine, just not great.
5. Days Inn Blythe – the price is usually right on this hotel, but overall it's the worst of the best 5. It is outdated, the staff is not on top of everything and there are some maintenance issues. It makes the top 5 by default but generally you should spend the minimal extra money to stay at one of the other hotels in town.
Blythe is a good stopping point and some of the hotels at the top of the best 5 list may surprise you with how nice they are for the money.